Aims of the School
The overall objective of the School is to involve
young people in the development and implementation of experiments in
space, with a view of obtaining new fundamental knowledge and applied technologies.
Main topics of the School program in 2008
- Microgravitational space platforms (MSP) of "Foton-M"/"Bion-M" type: performances and capabilities for carring out of science and technology experiments;
- Opportunities of MSP "Bion-M" utilization for small satellites orbiting, the program of SSAU space experiments and opportunities for foreign universities to participate in experiments on MSP "Bion-M1" in 2010 ;
- Space tether systems: problems and future projects, the outlooks of YES2 tether experiment and SSAU experiment on "Foton-M3" in 2007;
- Utilization opportunities of the launcher "Soyuz" third stages for orbiting nanosatellites and carring out short-term experiments;
- Methods and means of Earth remote sensing and observation.